August 3, 2020
Concerns about the COVID-19 virus continue to cause distress and anxiety for many. Your health and the health of our community continues to be our highest priority. Oak Hills Family Practice & Med Spa associates are here to support and guide you during this unprecedented time and to provide uninterrupted healthcare.
The following guidelines are still in place:
- We are offering in-office appointments for chronic care as well as wellness visits. Please wear a mask to the office and come by yourself. Guests must wait in the car unless they are accompanying a minor or a disabled or elderly adult who requires help (n this case, only 1 guest per patient). WE are practicing social distancing and will get you back to a room as quick as possible.
- If you are sick, please call the office so that we can best determine how to manage your care.
- Telemedicine visits are available during office hours M-F and 10-2 on Saturdays. Please call to be scheduled for a Telemedicine appointment.
- For prescription refills, please continue to call your pharmacy.
- Please call the office or use your PATIENT PORTAL if you have any questions about your healthcare.
WHEN TO BE TESTED AND WHEN TO STAY HOME:
If you are sick, such as with a fever, cough, shortness of breath- do not go to work. Notify your supervisor at work. Call us to determine if you need to come in for an urgent office visit. We are offering COVID-19 PCR testing via nasal swab and serological antibody testing.
IF you have had COVID-Exposure such as a family member, coworker or friend – don’t panic! Limited exposure does not necessarily mean you will get sick. Continue your normal work protocols, wear a mask, wash hands frequently and social distance. IF you develop symptoms, stay home, notify your employer and call us to determine if an office visit is warranted.
We will get through this! Vaccines for the virus that causes COVID-19 are in clinical trials. That means the vaccine may be out soon.
Hope Short MD
Phillippians 4:13 I can do all things through Him who gives me strength
Proverbs: 3:5 trust in the Lord with all your heart